Nutrition Facts: About one slice of Pineapple has 380 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Children may not eat pineapple directly, so to get this nutrition for children we need to make easy dishes like “Skillet Pineapple Upside-Down Cake”. Kids love cakes. Here, we see how to make this wonderful mouth-watering cake for kids.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Melt butter in a 9- or 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Add brown sugar; mix well until sugar is melted.
- Slice the pineapple using Stainless steel Pineapple slicer.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Arrange about 8 pineapple slices in a single layer over sugar (refrigerate remaining slices for another use). Sprinkle pecans over pineapple; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Blend in vanilla and reserved pineapple juice. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to batter and mix well.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Spoon into the skillet.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes (cover loosely with foil if cake browns too quickly). Let stand 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Place cherries in center of pineapple slices.
Enjoy the lovely cake along with the kids.